Time for a quick survey.  Please reply just to me.  I will post the final results to the group next Tuesday (Feb 4).  Thanks in advance.

Please respond with the single number that best describes your organization’s use of Email in relationship to PHI.  External Email is defined as Email sent to an address outside of your firewall.

One              It is against our policy to transmit PHI via Email externally but okay to send PHI internally.

Two              It is against our policy to transmit PHI via Email internally and externally.

Three           PHI can be transmitted via Email externally as long as it is encrypted but can be sent internally without encryption.

Four             Any transmission of PHI via Email must be encrypted but we do not use any Email Security management tools.

Five             Any transmission of PHI via Email must be encrypted and we do use Email Security management tool(s).

Six              We do not use Email.

Seven           Other:  Please explain

Organization Type: