From: Andrew McLetchie [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, July 25, 2003 9:17 AM
To: WEDI SNIP Security Workgroup List
Subject: Risk Analysis Template -Reply

Chris,

Check out the following URL:

http://cms.hhs.gov/it/security/References/ps.asp#isp

CMS has developed an excellent set of templates for risk analysis,
threat/vulnerability identification, system security planning and more.
These are the methods and documents that CMS uses within its own
organization for performing risk analyses and developing security plans.
This page also has templates for certification (now evaluation) and
accreditation of systems.  We are using these documents (with some
pretty significant rework) as the foundation for our risk assessment
program.  You gotta figure that if the Security Rule enforcement body is
using these, they will be more than sufficient (if implemented consistently
with a sound methodology) to demonstrate that our organization has
taken all reasonable steps to comply.  Hope this helps!

Andrew S. McLetchie, CISSP
Information Security Analyst
Sparrow Health System
Lansing, MI

>>> Chris McLean <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 07/25/03 08:20am

Hello all,
  Does anyone know where I can get a decent Risk Analysis Template
for the
HIPAA guidelines? or something that would be along those lines and
wouldn't
need too much tweaking. I know I'm not asking for much :)  But thought
you
all may be able to help me out.  Thanks, in advance!

Chris McLean
Network Coordinator
Greystone Health Care Management
813-635-9500
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

This email and any attachments addressed from
[EMAIL PROTECTED] is intended for the exclusive use of
[EMAIL PROTECTED] The
information contained in this email may be proprietary, confidential,
privileged, and exempt from disclosure under
applicable law. If the reader of this email is not
[EMAIL PROTECTED] or an agent responsible for delivering the
message to the intended recipient, the reader is hereby put on notice that
any use, dissemination, distribution, or
copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If the reader has
received this communication in error,
please immediately notify [EMAIL PROTECTED] by email and
delete all copies of this email along with any attachments.

---
The WEDI SNIP listserv to which you are subscribed is not moderated.
The discussions on this listserv therefore represent the views of the
individual participants, and do not necessarily represent the views of the
WEDI Board of Directors nor WEDI SNIP. If you wish to receive an official
opinion, post your question to the WEDI SNIP Issues Database at
http://snip.wedi.org/tracking/.   These listservs should not be used for
commercial marketing purposes or discussion of specific vendor
products and services.  They also are not intended to be used as a
forum for personal disagreements or unprofessional communication at
any time.

You are currently subscribed to wedi-security as:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
To unsubscribe from this list, go to the Subscribe/Unsubscribe form at
http://subscribe.wedi.org or send a blank email to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
If you need to unsubscribe but your current email address is not the
same as the address subscribed to the list, please use the
[...]

address subscribed to the list, please use the Subscribe/Unsubscribe form at
http://subscribe.wedi.org

---