Is there a problem with secondary db ?

I'm trying to update my odds+ends skins/extensions to v4 and every one that
creates/uses an alternate db fails to initialize similarly. Figuring
Matthew's code would be a better test case than mine, I grabbed pmon.py as
a reference implementation and that fails exactly the same way:

PYTHONPATH=/home/weewx/bin python pmon.py

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "pmon.py", line 173, in <module>
    eng = StdEngine(config)
  File "/home/weewx/bin/weewx/engine.py", line 83, in __init__
    self.loadServices(config_dict)
  File "/home/weewx/bin/weewx/engine.py", line 143, in loadServices
    obj = weeutil.weeutil.get_object(svc)(self,config_dict)
  File "/home/weewx/bin/user/pmon.py", line 70, in __init__
    initialize=True)
  File "/home/weewx/bin/weewx/manager.py", line 507, in get_manager
    self.manager_cache[data_binding] = open_manager(manager_dict,
initialize)
  File "/home/weewx/bin/weewx/manager.py", line 660, in open_manager
    manager_dict['schema'])
  File "/home/weewx/bin/weewx/manager.py", line 151, in open_with_create
    dbmanager = cls(connection, table_name=table_name, schema=schema)
  File "/home/weewx/bin/weewx/manager.py", line 799, in __init__
    self._initialize_day_tables(schema)
  File "/home/weewx/bin/weewx/manager.py", line 845, in
_initialize_day_tables
    cursor.execute(sql_create_str)
  File "/home/weewx/bin/weedb/sqlite.py", line 39, in guarded_fn
    raise weedb.TableExistsError(e)
weedb.TableExistsError: table archive_day_m already exists

(I used python2 because pmon.py isn't python3 friendly yet)