On Tuesday, February 25, 2020 at 4:22:06 PM UTC-8, Bob Weber wrote:

> On Tuesday, February 25, 2020 at 3:23:58 PM UTC-5, Vince Skahan wrote:
>>
>> I'm working with a user who is looking to get weewx running vs. his Davis
>> WeatherLink IP device.   There's no driver for that currently, although
>> there's an issue open on it in the weewx repo.
>>

> Am I missing something?  I have been using the Vantage driver for years
> with my WeatherLink IP data logger connected to an Envoy.  You can even
> tell the  WeatherLink IP data logger to stop updating the Davis website (at
> least in the older firmware I have).  Just set they type = ethernet, the
> host = data logger IP address and tcp_port = data logger port to use
> (probably 22222)

I misspoke.  It's a Weatherlink Live device.   Not currrently supported
according to https://github.com/weewx/weewx/issues/412

It broadcasts to UDP 22222 'if' you command it to do so, which you have to
do at least once/day at a minimum.  Default is to broadcast for 20 minutes
if you turn local broadcasts on without specifying a duration
- https://weatherlink.github.io/weatherlink-live-local-api/ has details.

We did enough playing around with curl and tcpdump to verify the web page
accurately represents what that box does.