I've been using the WMR89 driver from fcauwe https://github.com/fcauwe/weewx
for
a while, actually totally forgetting that I've had it as an add on and that
it is not found in the official repository.

I've got excited when the weewx 4.0 release was available, specially with
the update to Python3 which I prefer over Python2, and updated my system
without thinking.

Ofcourse the driver for WMR89 stopped working since it's written in Python2
and I had to change to the Python2 version of weewx to get my system up
again. I run weewx on a raspberry pi 4 with raspbian.

Is anyone currently developing a WMR89 driver for weewx 4.0 and Python3?
I've been planning to do that myself, but if it's already onging, I could
just probably contribute with some developing and testing.