Have to say I am impressed. First time upgrading a weewx-multi install with
wee_config
--upgrade and it worked just fine, on both WeeWX instances. Noticed the
re-weighting from v2 to v3 when I upgraded the simple (ecowitt) install, so
was preparing myself to manually re-weight a couple of databases in the
more complex (vantage) install but all three databases in the vantage
install were re-weighted in turn during startup. All databases were
MariaDB. Upgraded the solar PV system as well, just a single instance with
SQLite, again all was well.

Not really an accurate comparison but the re-weighting of two MariaDB
databases with 8 years of vantage data felt about the same (5 odd minutes)
as the re-weighting of about 6 months of ecowitt data in another MariaDB
and the re-weighting of about four years of SQLite solar PV data seemed
noticeably faster at just under one minute.

Gary