I'm confused by what you're doing.

So, you are using UDP data for the LOOP data, but the REST data for the
archive data? I suppose that could work, but you're going to have to decide
whether to honor the 1 minute archive interval of the REST data, or the 5
minutes you hope for.

If you really want to do the latter, then as you say, you will have to
accumulate the 5 records and aggregate them into a single record somehow.
This record is what would get emitted by genArchiveRecords().

Frankly, I gave up on my Tempest and sent it back last August. The UDP
interface was so bad, that I couldn't get it to work reliably.