If your one loop packet was the only loop packet received by WeeWX in that
archive interval then the archive record that WeeWX would synthesise from
that solitary loop packet would be the same as that loop packet. If as you
said that loop packet was stored by hardware and if the driver's
genArchiveRecord() method obtains that same data when it generates an
archive record, then yes they will be the same. Highs and lows in the daily
summaries would be the same but it would not surprise me if some timestamps
were different. Loop packets are generally timestamped when the data is
read, whereas archive records are typically timestamped at the end of the
period they cover. So for an archive interval that covers say 11:05:00am to
11:06:00am, the loop packet may have been created at 11:05:25am and
timestamped accordingly. If WeeWX is set to obtain highs and lows from loop
packets (ie loop_hilo <http://weewx.com/docs/usersguide.htm#StdArchive> is
True) then if a new max/min is found in that loop packet the relevant
timestamp recorded in the daily summary will be the loop packet timestamp.
If you now consider the archive record that is read during a backfill, it
will be timestamped 11:06:00am, again any new highs or lows will be
recorded (so the actual aggregate value will be the same) but in this case
the timestamp recorded for the high or low will be the archive record
timestamp 11:06:00am. If you happen to have more than one loop packet in
the archive period then you may loose some fidelity of the actual
observation high/low value as well.

This is the same effect you see if you rebuild your daily summaries with
wee_database
--rebuild-daily, if you have loop_hilo = True then your daily summary
tables will likely have loop packet timestamps for many highs and lows but
after you rebuild the daily summaries you loose that fine detail and your
high/low timestamps will align with archive record timestamps. If you have
multiple loop packets in an archive interval then your high/low values may
be one of the values in those loop packets, after rebuilding though you end
up with archive values being used to generate the highs and lows which are
typically averages of loop values. For example, if you have four loop
packets in an archive interval and each has an outTemp value of 8.0, 9.0,
12.0 and 7.0 degrees C your daily summary may record 12.0 as the max. The
corresponding archive record outTemp value would (8.0+9.0+12.0+7.0)/4=9.0
so your max might be 9.0.

Gary