I have a Davis Vantage Pro 2.

As pointed out in the link you posted, the issue is the time stamp. Last
year I seem to recall an hours worth of errors as WeeWX tried to write
records to a time stamp that already existed and therefore 'lost' the data.
I like an easy life so was hoping that somebody had figured out a way to
avoid this lost data. It might be insignificant, but if we get a major
weather event at that time!!!!

To be honest I still get a headache trying to understand the local time/UTC
problem, but I am easily confused.