On Sunday, October 30, 2016 at 8:41:57 PM UTC-4, jmltech wrote:

> I'm using Matthew Wall's nice MQTT extension for weewx.  Where can I
> specify which weewx variables to add to the MQTT stream, and remove some
> others that are not needed for my purpose?  I thought it would be a skin,
> but didn't find anything.
> Thanks
> Joe

hi joe,

use the inputs stanza.  for example, this will upload all observations,
with overrides to outTemp and windSpeed:

[StdRestful]

[[MQTT]]

        unit_system = METRIC # default to
metric

[[[inputs]]]

[[[[outTemp]]]]
                name = inside_temperature  # use a label other than
outTemp
                format = %.2f              # two decimal places of
precision
                units = degree_F           # convert outTemp to F, others
in C

[[[[windSpeed]]]]
                units = knot  # convert the wind speed to
knots

by default, every observation will be uploaded.  use obs_to_upload to
default to uploading NO observations, then add in the ones you want.  for
example, this will upload *only* outTemp and inTemp using the default units
and formatting:

[StdReport]
    [[MQTT]]
        obs_to_upload = none
        [[[inputs]]]
            [[[[outTemp]]]]
            [[[[inTemp]]]]

fwiw, this is a pattern found in may uploaders, including emoncms and
influx.