On Sunday, October 30, 2016 at 11:56:04 AM UTC-4, Brad Tucker wrote:

> Once I try and use the actual sdr.py driver directly using the command:
> sudo PYTHONPATH=bin python bin/user/sdr.py
>
> I get this:
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "bin/user/sdr.py", line 699, in <module>
>     [--path=PATH] [--ld_library_path=LD_LIBRARY_PATH]""" % DEFAULT_CMD
> ValueError: unsupported format character 'p' (0x70) at index 1
>
> Not quite sure where to go from here. Seems maybe I need to call a path
> out to the driver.

sorry about that.  fixed at cc7984d.  please pull then try again.

> I have tried things like this:
> export PATH=/usr/local/bin:${PATH}
>
> export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib
>

> from the shell and then issuing the command. Im a bit of a newbie here so any
> help would be greatly appreciated.

you can either configure the environment before running python/weewx:

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib
export PATH=/usr/local/bin:${PATH}
PYTHONPATH=bin python bin/user/sdr.py

or you can specify PATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH as options to the sdr driver
and it will pre-load the environment with those variables before it invokes
the rtl_433 command.  for example:

[SDR]
    path = /usr/loca/bin
    ld_library_path = /usr/local/lib