Hi all - meteostick users together with weewx

first let me thank Luc, Matthew and Kobuki for the great work with the
driver we initiated now approx a year ago with the first steps.  In the
meanwhile meteostick works stable and as we can say in most times good. s.
above.

We have a few meteosticks in our small new weathernetwork - still we are in
closed BETA -> if you want to have a look check:
 https://stations.weather365.net .
There are actually only a few stations in the new network.  We will go
public beta in the next days - I will write a new post if we go this step
and will invite you to participate.

We observerd sometimes strange pressure jumps with meteostick.
Still what we found out with meteostick is, that we have some funny
pressure spikes in the afternoon.

This is from our Teststation Vantage PRO 2 with raspberry and meteostick
https://stations.weather365.net/#/station1    //  check out "last 30 days /
Letzte 30 Tage" ...

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-Hm2GssttIlQ/WCBhd5gG-HI/AAAAAAAAARE/U4h2FSJO0k0mVQfd6Y0u_fAjULnC5HQwACLcB/s1600/meteostick-pressure-spikes.jpg>

We can zoom in and we will see pressure differences in a few minutes approx
with 3 hPa ...
see next graph.

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-6i1FpFMe26Y/WCBj-Mw7SRI/AAAAAAAAARQ/SS6AYRn9gHglG3hZW3bRKK_sxeo7tmXTgCLcB/s1600/meteostick-pressure-afternoon-anomalies.jpg>

Question is:  What happens ?  We made some tests and we found the reason.
It´s no new weather phenomen !

We installed the meteostick and rapberry near a window in the west of our
building. In the atfternoon sun comes at approx 4pm - til 5pm and shines
directly through the window on the meteostick behind. ( only a few minutes )
The pressure sensor is inside the transparent USB meteostick. The small
amount of air behind the "acrylglass" stick will become warmer and warmer
in these minutes in the sun "warm air" streams out of the stick and the
pressure inside the stick decreases rapidly. This effect you can see in the
pressure measurement in that time period.
In the meanwhile we placed the stick in the shadow and we have no more
funny pressure jumps in the afternoon when the sun is shining.

So our advice using meteostick is - leave it in the shadow and protect it
from sun :-)

Regards
Frank