Jim - you need to get yourself into the habit of always referring to the
documentation whenever you have issues and questions with weewx - and
especially with new releases etc as very often things may change between
releases!!  ALWAYS read the update guide for each new release in particular
as it will tell you what is new/fixed in the new release.  With weewx the
documentation is worth its weight in gold and the best way of understanding
and appreciating weewx and its possibilities is to become familiar with
knowing at least what is within the manuals even if, when reading, things
may not be fully understood.