Tom,

I'm using the Davis streaming data logger (6450) with serial output to a
serial-->usb converter (PL2303) on ttyUSB0. This worked well with wview for
about seven years until I moved to weewx almost two years ago. With weewx I saw
the loop problem and found the solution suggested by someone on the web who was
feeding weewx data to a ham radio setup with APRS. Davis makes another logger
(non streaming, I think) which may not have this problem.
I'll run the debug log for you sometime this weekend. Thanks.

Bob