I have a USB camera pointed at my backyard.  It takes a picture every 5
minutes, one minute before weewx does it's calculations and uploads (i.e.
picture at 04, weewx at 05 and so on.)  It works fine now on a cron job
every 5 minutes, 24/7.

I want to enhance it to just take pictures during daylight hours.  My
thoughts are to put a time check in my .bat file that runs every 5
minutes.  Something like: IF (DAYLIGHT) TAKE_PICTURE ELSE FORGET_IT sort of
thinking.

Is there a better way (from a Linux bash script, not Python) than parsing
/home/weewx/public_html/index_html to obtain these values?  I'm looking for
the simplest solution.  I'm hoping I can make DAYLIGHT a boolean that is
something like this:

DAYLIGHT = ((time > Start civil twilight) AND time <  (End civil twilight))

I could use Sunrise and Sunset instead if they are easier to obtain.

I'd like to upload this photo to my weewx web site, and I can now except
well over half of them are taken in the dark.  I want to put a .jpg there
that says something like "Next photo update at sunrise" or similar.

Thoughts?  Better ideas?

- Paul