Hi Brent,

The issue you have is not one of units I suspect but rather appTemp is not
being stored in the database. By default weewx calculates appTemp and adds
it to the archive record and loop packets received from the weather station
(if it does not already exist - I don't know of any stations that supply
it). Once weewx has an archive record (which now has appTemp in it) weewx
stores the archive record in the archive table and updates the daily
summaries. The problem is weewx only saves data for those fields in the
database schema; appTemp is not in the default schema so it is not saved.
Since appTemp is not in the database you cannot plot it nor can you use it
in any tags in reports (eg $day.appTemp.max - when the next version of
weewx is released you will be able to use $current.appTemp but nothing
else). To be able to make use of appTemp in plots and reports you need to
add it to the database schema.

The Customization Guide <http://weewx.com/docs/customizing.htm> has a
section on this Adding a new observation type
<http://weewx.com/docs/customizing.htm#Adding_a_new_observation_type>. It
is a good place to start, note that you do not need to worry about
'Creating a custom service', that is just to get your data into the archive
record - appTemp is already there. So you can start at Adding a new type to
the archive database
<http://weewx.com/docs/customizing.htm#add_archive_type>.

Seems overly complex, I know, for something that is already there but I
guess there are some historical reasons why it is like this. Probably will
find though that this sort of thing will be a lot easier in the future.

Gary