Here are the lines in the log involving the WU:

Dec  3 09:53:23 Wee_Wx weewx[1714]: engine: Loading service
weewx.restx.StdWunderground
Dec  3 09:53:23 Wee_Wx weewx[1714]: restx: Wunderground-RF: Data for
station IQLDAYR2 will be posted
Dec  3 09:53:23 Wee_Wx weewx[1714]: engine: Finished loading service
weewx.restx.StdWunderground
Dec  3 10:10:20 Wee_Wx weewx[1714]: restx: Wunderground-RF: Failed upload
attempt 1: timed out
Dec  3 11:50:35 Wee_Wx weewx[1714]: restx: Wunderground-RF: Failed upload
attempt 1: HTTP Error 502: Bad Gateway

Not sure exactly what's going on, but the last line suggests it's a problem
with a proxy server. Are you using one? This is a long shot, but the WU
uses a rather odd protocol. It uses an HTTP GET as a way to *post* data. If
you're using one, perhaps your proxy server doesn't like that?

I have no explanation for why it took almost 2 hours for this error to come
back.

-tk