I use raspiBackup to make online image of my SD card after I saw it
mentioned by someone else on this board.

https://www.linux-tips-and-tricks.de/en/raspberry/303-pi-creates-automatic-backups-of-itself

I keep my database, config files and webpages on a NFS share which has its
own backup.  Because of this, once a month I run raspiBackup to make a DD
image of the RPI.  It does slow the RPI3 down to the point it will not
generate the weewx HTML pages, but it will still log the archive interval
and post info to wunderground.

Scott