I know there is a lowbattery.py that will send email every hour but is
there not just a syslog-notification available?

Are extraBatteriStatus used yet or a future feature? So one can print the
current value of the extraBatteruStatus ..

I note that the drivers seems to be quite different in their
implementation. In the wmr100.py there is a check on the indoor and outdoor
sensors battery status but not on the extra ones, so I did a small change
just to check if the battery status is there:

        elif channel >= 2:
            # If additional temperature sensors exist (channel>=2), then
            # use observation types 'extraTemp1', 'extraTemp2', etc.
            _record['extraTemp%d'  % (channel-1)] = T
            _record['extraHumid%d' % (channel-1)] = R
#PEED
           #_record['extraBatteryStatus%d' % (channel)] = (packet[0] &
0x40) >> 6
            B = (packet[0] & 0x40) >> 6
            if B == 1:
                syslog.syslog(syslog.LOG_DEBUG, "extraBatteryStatus%d:  Low
battery" % channel)

        return _record

Resulting printout..

Jan  8 21:07:31 eBox3350 weewx[31392]: ***** could not detach kernel driver
from interface 0: No data available
Jan  8 21:07:36 eBox3350 weewx[31392]: extraBatteryStatus2:  Low battery
Jan  8 21:08:00 eBox3350 weewx[31392]: wmr100: Bad USB report received.

But I can't seem to get the same information from WMR200..