Wow, I feel like an idiot. I don't know why I thought running it directly
would spit out that debug info. So in the log it threw an error:
Jan  9 19:30:12 ubuntu-server weewx[5934]: import of driver failed:
__init__() got an unexpected keyword argument 'station_serial' (<type
'exceptions.TypeError'>)
Jan  9 19:30:12 ubuntu-server weewx[5934]: engine: Unable to load driver:
__init__() got an unexpected keyword argument 'station_serial'

Somewhat confused because the readme for the intercepter driver has this:

station_serial = 7FFFXXXXXXXXXXXX # 16-character registration key

 That how I have it in my config but with my serial number.

Thanks for your super quick reply by the way!