From: weewx-user@googlegroups.com <weewx-user@googlegroups.com> on behalf of
gjr80 <gjroder...@gmail.com>
Sent: Sunday, January 22, 2017 10:11:25 PM
To: weewx-user
Subject: [weewx-user] Re: Niculskin - Date and time Formatting.

As far as I was aware the reason locale.setlocale(locale.LC_ALL) was added to
engine.py was to merely log the in-use locale during startup since there has
been an increasing number of locale related issues from users. I was of the
understanding that locale.setlocale(locale.LC_ALL) does not set anything,
rather it merely returns the setting for the locale.LC_ALL category.
user/extensions.py sets locale via locale.setlocale(locale.LC_ALL, '') which
appears to be the accepted method of setting locale in python.

Gary