On Saturday, February 18, 2017 at 9:17:49 AM UTC-8, mwall wrote:

> the second beta of 3.7.0 is now available:
>
> http://weewx.com/downloads/development_versions/
>
> including both source and deb packages

 I just installed the weewx 3.7.0 second beta DEB package over a previously
installed 3.6.2.  Before installation I made a backup copy of
'/etc/weewx/weewx.conf' and then took the installation option to use the
developer's version, so I would be able to see what changed.

None of my customizations were copied to the new 'weewx.conf' file, which
is what I had expected, except for data in the [Station] stanza, where
there is a mistake. I have a West Longitude location, so the correct
Longitude value is negative, but the negative sign was dropped.  That also
happened when 3.6.2 was originally installed.  I am quite sure that I typed
a negative sign during 3.6.2 installation, but it was dropped, specifying a
location in Eastern Asia, instead of the Western U.S.

Bob