Hello !

*Regarding websockets: *

Just found the howto I was talking about:
http://www.frugalprototype.com/installation-de-votre-propre-broker-mqtt/

it's in french (very convenient for me, sorrry guys ;-).
But as a summary, it says the websocket function of mosquitto can be
enabled just with a small config file.

I will try this (quick & easy to test).

*Also, just to summarise my setup:*
I just received last week a brand new Orange Pi PC plus (kind of low cost
raspberry which as a nice advantage imho: it has integrated emmc 8GB
memory).
It is setup with Armbiam Ubuntu Xenial (server), v5.25.  (I am more
familiar to ubuntu so it's easier for me too)
I just setup mosquitto from depot ( apt-get install mosquitto ).
I setup weewx using the quick start guide with depot
( http://www.weewx.com/docs/apt-get.htm )

So it's all fresh install.
I only modified mosquitto config to use "user/password" and play a bit with
weewx and wxMesh as you know.

*finally, I have a general question regarding how the driver works:*
let me know if my understanding is correct or wrong

the "on_message" stuff is kind of asynchronous
then when a message is available on the broker, this function will be
trigged  and will load the message content in payload.

then the genLoopPackets is synchronous (I mean executed every n seconds,
n=poll interval defined in weewx.conf)
So every n seconds, it checks if payload as some content and if yes, it
will process the data and deliver the "_packet" to next weewx process

If this is correct, does it mean that if several mqtt messages are
delivered inside the n seconds interval, maybe only the last one will be
processed ?

The background of the question is that I'm thinking if it may be possible
to use a sub topic structure for mqtt
The simplest idea I have in mind is to have:  weather/<weewx_schemas_label>:
weather/outTemp
weather/outHumidity

Then each of these topics may be sent at any time:  Temp, humidity,
barometer may be send only every few minutes.  Wind may be sent  every 1 or
few seconds,   rain may be send only when it's raining...
weewx driver may subscribe to /weather/# to get them all and process
whenever they arrive ?

-Ok- I speak but don't have a clue on how to do that :-) not sure it is
realistic.

The advantage could that it stick better to what I have seen from mqtt
usage, then same published topics could be used by other subscribers (
home-assistant <https://home-assistant.io/>, automatic watering for the
garden or whatever)

Best regards,