On Tuesday, March 14, 2017 at 10:22:46 AM UTC-4, Theophanis Kontogiannis
wrote:

> I need weewx to contact the console every 30 minutes and download in bulk
> the individual 5 minute appart readings that were storred in the console
> from the station over the last 30 minutes.

is weewx supposed to be running during the 30 minutes?

the approach you describe is prone to causing usb lockups.

each time it initiates a read of the console memory, the driver does a
bunch of short reads in order to synchronize with the  console (the console
clock cannot be trusted, and the logger records do not have absolute
timestamps).  it can take up to an archive interval to synchronize.  the
problem is that every time you try to read the logger memory you increase
the chance of locking up the usb, which results in losing all of the
console data.

the weewx architecture is not designed for the operating mode that you
describe.  it is designed to read logger memory at startup, or at every
archive interval.

it is not designed to read the logger at arbitrary intervals greater than
an archive interval.

that might be a useful approach for situations where the computer sleeps
for a long period, the occasionally wakes to read some data and upload it.
it would be like the wee_reports utility, but for collecting data.

could you explain more why you want to use this approach?

you could write your own python script to do this.  one approach would be
to import the fousb driver, then invoke the genArchiveRecords method in the
fousb driver.  but i'd probably go with the direct query approach as
implemented in the te923 driver.