On Thursday, March 16, 2017 at 5:23:48 PM UTC-4, mr wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to run Weewx 3.7.0 with the MQTT client extension. Everything
> seems to be working out just fine but I have been unsuccessful in
> establishing communication between Weewx and any MQTT client. I have no
> username or password. My topic is new_mountain_test.
>
> Below is my weewx.conf, and syslog data:
>

> Mar 16 16:23:32 DarkstarTerminal weewx[1888]: restx: MQTT: Published
> record 2017-03-16 16:23:33 EDT (1489695813)
>
> *Note: (Debug is set to 0 but there is no useful information when I use
> "1" or "2")
>

> Why cant I connect? It is saying that Weewx is publishing the data and I
> get no errors, yet I see nothing on the other end. Thanks in advance.

set debug=2, then post the log from the time that weewx starts up.

the log will tell you exactly what topic you're posting to, and the log
will tell you exactly what data weewx is posting.  your 'grep MQTT' removed
all of the useful information.

use a websocket-based mqtt client to monitor the broker, or crank up the
verbosity on the broker and tail the broker's log