Good Afternoon, All:

I have a head-scratcher that despite beating the heck out of Google, I
can't find an answer.

The Hardware:
Davis Vantage Pro (not the Pro2) running wired to the ISS
Davis Serial Datalogger connection
Dell Desktop box with a serial port
Weewx / SQL database / SofaSkin skin

The site it feeds: www.plnjweather.com

The Problem:
At random times, the ISS connection drops out (an "R" on the display), but
only if I have weewx running. If I halt the process, the Davis will
function normally for a week at a time. With Weewx running, anywhere from 2
minutes to 4 hours later, the ISS drops out. It's not just a data drop
going to the logger; the Davis display shows "---" for all of the ISS
inputs (outside temperature, wind, etc).

To make matter werider....this behavior is very reproduceable. I originally
had this setup running on a Raspberry Pi with a USB interface. It did it
then. I switched to a desktop box with the USB interface. Same thing. Now
switching to a serial interface (I purchased a serial Davis Datalogger from
eBay), it's STILL doing the same thing. New installations of weewx,
different config setups, etc. There are no errors in the log file, even
with the verbose setting turned on in weewx. The problem seems to be coming
from the Davis itself, but how on earth would the datalogger hang up the
entire unit? And two different loggers, to boot?

So.....suggestions/ideas/thoughts/whatever. I've about run out of ideas and
spent more than a bit of time trying to hunt though this problem with no
luck, so....what say everyone (besides "go get a Pro2"). :)

Thank you!
-Chris