I have an Acurite 01525A1 connected by USB to an OrangePI ONE running
Armbian Ubuntu Xenial and weewx v3.6.2. When the weather is cloudy the
temperature seems to be relatively accurate compared to my old weather
station and other stations close to me. But on really sunny days when the
sun comes up over the trees (around 2 pm) my temperature starts to read
high, it varies but lets say 6 to 8 degrees. I mounted it according to
Acurite's instructions... 5 feet above the ground in a location that is
clear of trees and other obstructions. I assume they intended for it to be
out in the open where rain and wind will not be blocked. Anyway, it's
impossible to know if the crazy little fan is working since I'm always at
work when it messes up. I notice it because weather underground takes it
down because of inaccurate date (I assume that's why it stops appearing on
their map). Is there a way to correct this? Maybe based on the UV from the
solar cell? Does anyone else have this issue?

Thanks,
Tony