Hi,

I have a WATSON W-8681 weather station which I have set up to send data
direct to Wunderground every 5 minutes. In order to bring that data into my
weewx database I use my router to redirect a copy of the wunderground url
string to my server. I have written a user script to listen on a port for
the wundergorund txt string.

(This PWS is actually made by Fine Offset, just re-branded)
http://www.foshk.com/Weather_Professional/HP1003.html

The string looks like this...

ID=XXXXX&PASSWORD=XXXXX&indoortempf=78.8&tempf=58.3&dewptf=55.0&windchillf=58.3&indoorhumidity=39&humidity=89&windspeedmph=6.5&windgustmph=7.4&winddir=179&absbaromin=30.17&baromin=30.36&rainin=0.00&dailyrainin=0.02&weeklyrainin=0.04&monthlyrainin=0.39&yearlyrainin=3.56&solarradiation=259.80&UV=2

I extract each of the values and map them to the associated weewx
parameters.

The trouble I am having is getting the right values for rain into weewx.

I have mapped the following:

Wunderground url                        weewx

'rainin'                  to                   'rainRate'
dailyrain               to                   'dayRain'
weeklyrain            to                  * no weewx equivalent.*
monthlyrainin       to                    'monthRain'
yearlyrainin          to                    'yearRain'

As far as I can tell rainin (wunderground) is current rain rate in mm/hr
and daily rain is total rain since 12 mindnight.

I am guessing either my mapping is wrong or the way these values are
calculated within weewx is an issue. As you can see from the URL posted
above dailyrain is 0.02 but my weewx is showing zero.

I am guessing there are a few possible issues here.

1) correct mapping of parameters.
2) correct unit mapping/conversion
3) method for computation of daily
3) method for computation of rain rate
4) hardware versus software computation.

Any guidance of how to get the correct rain data into weewx would be most
appreciated.

Thanks,

Pete.