It appears that the "distance" value archived is the average of the values
from each loop packet.  Since that value appears to be whatever the last
distance was, even if that was a month ago, I don't think this is a useful
number.  Here's an example:

The value reported at the start of the archive interval is 15.
There are, just for example, twenty packet loops in this interval.
There is a strike with a distance of 1 just before the loop packet.
The archive would then show 1 strike at a distance if 14.3.

I would rather see "distance" be the minimum value for the interval.

An alternative would be to make "distance" be the average for the strikes
in the interval, but this would require two things:
Only counting the packets in which strikes_total changes, and
weighting the values by the number of strikes per loop packet
(strikes_total delta).

So, I think I see how to do the minimum.  I could add a column
"distanceMinimum", add self._mimimums, and write functions
_calculate_minimum(self, pkt) and _calculate_minimums(label, newtotal,
oldtotal).

Would that be the best way?

Average distance per strike looks a lot trickier, since the values in some
look packets wouldn't count, and the values of some would count more than
others, and the distance value need not change for it to be useful.