If you want to avoid Java, I cobbled together some code based on gjr80's
template and added it to /etc/weewx/skins/Standard/index.html.tmpl as
follows:

##        Calculate today's highest Beaufort based on wind speed in knots

          #if $varExists('day.windSpeed') and $day.windSpeed.max.raw is not
None
          #if $unit.unit_type.windSpeed == 'mile_per_hour'
          #set $kts = $day.windSpeed.max.raw * 0.8689762
          #elif $unit.unit_type.windSpeed == 'km_per_hour'
            #set $kts = $day.windSpeed.max.raw * 0.539956
          #elif $unit.unit_type.windSpeed == 'meter_per_second'
            #set $kts = $day.windSpeed.max.raw * 1.943844
          #elif $unit.unit_type.windSpeed == 'knot'
            #set $kts = $day.windSpeed.max.raw
          #else
            #set $kts = 0
          #end if
          #if $kts < 1
            #set $beaufort = 0
            #set $word_beaufort = 'Calm'
          #elif $kts < 4
            #set $beaufort = 1
            #set $word_beaufort = 'Light air'
          #elif $kts < 7
            #set $beaufort = 2
            #set $word_beaufort = 'Light breeze'
          #elif $kts < 11
            #set $beaufort = 3
            #set $word_beaufort = 'Gentle breeze'
          #elif $kts < 17
            #set $beaufort = 4
            #set $word_beaufort = 'Moderate breeze'
          #elif $kts < 22
            #set $beaufort = 5
            #set $word_beaufort = 'Fresh breeze'
          #elif $kts < 28
            #set $beaufort = 6
            #set $word_beaufort = 'Strong breeze'
          #elif $kts < 34
            #set $beaufort = 7
            #set $word_beaufort = 'High wind'
          #elif $kts < 41
            #set $beaufort = 8
            #set $word_beaufort = 'Gale'
          #elif $kts < 48
            #set $beaufort = 9
            #set $word_beaufort = 'Strong gale'
          #elif $kts < 56
            #set $beaufort = 10
            #set $word_beaufort = 'Storm'
          #elif $kts < 64
            #set $beaufort = 11
            #set $word_beaufort = 'Violent storm'
          #else
            #set $beaufort = 12
            #set $word_beaufort = 'Hurricane'
          #end if
          #else
            #set $beaufort = 'N/A'
          #end if

 Put the above somewhere near the top, and then modify the Since Midnight
table by adding a couple of lines in the High Wind row:

                  High Wind<br/>
                  High Beaufort Scale
                  $day.wind.max from $day.wind.gustdir at $day.wind.maxtime
                  $beaufort or $word_beaufort at $day.wind.maxtime

- Paul VE1DX

https://www.ve1dx.net/