Make sure you put ignore_zero_wind in the right location. Your
configuration file should look like:

[StdWXCalculate]

    ignore_zero_wind = false
    [[Calculations]]
    .
    .
    .

Another option is that .format() can take an argument containing what you
want when the value is None. See the Customizing Guide
<http://weewx.com/docs/customizing.htm#formatting_options>.

$current.windGust.format("%f", 0)

-tk