On Saturday, September 30, 2017 at 2:19:27 PM UTC-4, Boston Tom wrote:

> No joy on the options you reccomended.......that I am capable of
> performing.....my skills are not high.
>
> I'm running weewx on an RPI.  I'm thinking of setting up the RPI as a wifi
> access point and directing the traffic from the weather station to the pi
> (instead of to the main router like it is now).  Do you think that has any
> chance of success?

yes.  the pi will then be a bridge between wifi and wired, so you just have
to make the interceptor sniff on the wifi interface.

start by making the pi a bridge - there should be plenty of guides for
doing that.

once that works, just configure the interceptor in sniff mode as explained
in the weewx-interceptor readme