On Friday, October 6, 2017 at 5:11:21 PM UTC-4, Arkos wrote:

> Don't really have an issue per se, ... ultimately postings are going
> through, ... but I have some strange inconsistent performance of this
> weatherstation.
>
> 3 configurations are:
> Weatherstation on Raspberry Pi 3 - Works with no Issues
> Weatherstation to Powered Hub to  Raspberry Pi Zero W - Works with no
> Issues
> Weatherstation directly to Raspberry Pi Zero W - Here's where I get
> strange behavior, ..

it sounds like the rpi zero does not provide sufficient power to its usb.

the fine offset stations are notoriously sensitive to usb voltage.

the wh23xx driver is dealing with the usb flakiness as-designed.  in your
case it takes 3 tries to get data when connected directly to a pi zero.

you can do a faster polling interval, but less than 48 seconds won't do any
good.  the all-in-one instrument cluster sends data every 48 seconds, and
luminance data every 60 seconds (just like the old ws1080/2080/3080
hardware).

i typically use 60 second polling for fine offset stations, with a 300
second archive interval.