An alternative approach is to install
cwxn to create cumulus wxnow.txt - bind it to archive if you do not want it
updated every loop
or
the csv service and create .csv file
or
publish the data to wunderground and tell your friend to get the data from
there

see the wiki https://github.com/weewx/weewx/wiki for the skins and services
available as standard

If you are not a programmer, I assume the friend who has the website is
more capable/confident - so they should have no problem creating the .tmpl
file as outlined by Gary if the above suggestions are of no interest