Well, hopefully Hajo's original question has been answered satisfactorily.

On that note. I think Hajo has been using Weewx and Mesowx for a while
and when there is mention of an upgrade I wonder if weewx's logging
behaviour has changed in that time?

Has manager.py always been so chatty in the logs or is this possibly a
recent change that makes raw.py's behaviour seem different? Maybe the
original raw.py was quieter?

I know from my setup that the LOOP packets are about 20 seconds apart.
I must admit that 2 seconds apart would seem rather ... busy.

Hajo,

When you post your weewx.conf file :-)

What version of weewx was your last version and were you using Luc's
raw.py with that (raw_0.4.x-lh.py from the linked weewx-user thread)?
Or was it the original that came with mesowx?

Cheers
 Glenn

rorpi - read only raspberry pi & various weewx addons
https://github.com/glennmckechnie