As a follow up to this.

I tried powering down the Vantage2 console and re started weewx.  Same
problem.

I did the --DUMP command after stopping weewx of course, restarted weewx.
  Same Problem!

Loaded a different browser and went to the HTML site and it's fine!

I went to google chrome and dumped all the image cache for the website and
suddenly it appeared correctly.

So I don't know which action was the problem after all.  It may have been
the WHOLE TIME Google chrome refusing to update the images.

It may have been the console power-cycle that fixed it, or it may have been
the DUMP command fixed it. I  will never know this time.

NEXT TIME I will immediately use a different browser.  When looking at the
debug output, It all looks the same after I powered down the whole RPI
computer from the start of this when I noticed none of the HTML was being
updated.

THe way I noticed was, I went to my cell phone browser and noticed the
graphs were displaying fine!

IT does not look like I lost any data through all of this.

UGH! But I greatly appreciate as usual this forum and the quick responses
we get on questions. I really like weewx, but the support is great and why
I continue to use weewx.