On Thursday, December 28, 2017 at 12:38:55 PM UTC-8, mwall wrote:

> On Thursday, December 28, 2017 at 3:24:00 PM UTC-5, Chris Alemany wrote:
>>

>> On Thursday, December 28, 2017 at 11:58:22 AM UTC-8, mwall wrote:
>>>

>>> but the fastest and most accurate way is rather pythonic: just do it!
>>>  run weewx directly and see what it spits out in each LOOP and REC
>>> dictionary.
>>>

>> I sense this is the answer I am looking for (Luke lol) but as to how I
>> might accomplish that... my use of the pythonic-force is weak.
>>
>> Help me Obi-MWall-Kenobi you're my only hope.
>>

> here you go:
>
> http://weewx.com/docs/usersguide.htm#running

Whoa. OK, that was awesome.

However, if I put in 'dayRain' (or dayrain) as it is delivered within the
LOOP or REC packets from weewx within my format command for the twitter
extension, it just spits out:

 Rain Today: {dayRain:%.1f}mm

rather than actually parsing the variable.

However, other variables, like outTemp or heatindex or windchill seem to
match up and work just fine.  So I am definitely missing a crucial step
here.

Chris