I think I have found a problem concerning wind gusts.
I have a Davis Vantage Pro2 and Weewx 3.7.1.
I select loop_hilo=False and the windgust are not recorder in database!
But, if I restart WEEWX with a new database, the old entries that are added
to the database, contain the correct wingust data.
I think weewx ignores the wingust data read from the station at each
archive interval.
If weewx reads old data from the station's memory, then these contain the
correct windgust data.