So to begin with, I went to the Wiki.  Checked out the Bootstrap skin,
liked it so grabbed this:

https://github.com/brewster76/fuzzy-archer/archive/v2.2-beta.zip

I tried to install with wee_extension, but got a Python error.  I don't
recall what the error was, and it's scrolled off of my screen buffer, but
if you need to know, I can try to recreate it.  I _do_ recall that the
instructions stated to run `wee_extension --install` on the tarball, but if
you download from the above URL, you get a zip file.  So I unzipped it,
tarred it back up as a *.gz and ran `wee_extension --install` on that.
Maybe that's what went wrong?

Anyway, so I went to the github page and decided to try the 'involved'
method half-way down the page.

https://github.com/brewster76/fuzzy-archer/blob/master/INSTALL

First off, there was no 'translateengine.py' file.  A quick `find
/home/weewx -name "translateengine.py"` came up empty-handed, as did the
same command run with several permutations of the regex, to check if the
quotes were confusing it.

Then, line 88 ..

'Move gaugeengine.py, gauges.py, historyengine,py and translateengine.py
into the bin/user directory.'

Into which bin/user file?  The one in the untarred tarball, or the one in
the /home/weewx file?  I opted for the latter.

I then tried to edit weewx.conf but as always, I did 'vim wee-TAB' and the
filename did not complete.  Strange, I thought.  Ran an ls in that
directory, and saw..

root@weather:/home/weewx# ls -l
total 100
-rw-r--r--  1 root root 32472 Jan 12  2017 LICENSE.txt
-rw-r--r--  1 root root   400 Jan 12  2017 README
drwxr-xr-x  2 root root  4096 Jan  2 14:55 archive
drwxr-xr-x 10 root root  4096 Jan  1 14:37 bin
drwxr-xr-x  6 root root  4096 Jan  1 14:37 docs
drwxr-xr-x  6 root root  4096 Jan  1 14:37 examples
drwxr-xr-x  6 root root  4096 Jan  2 14:55 public_html
drwxr-xr-x  7 root root  4096 Jan  2 13:22 skins
drwxr-xr-x 12 root root  4096 Jan  1 14:37 util
drwxr-xr-x  9 root root  4096 Jan  2 13:39 weewx
-rw-r--r--  1 root root 14420 Jan  2 14:11 weewx.conf
-rw-r--r--  1 root root 14406 Jan  2 13:45 weewx.conf.broken

A broken config file, created - I presume - by the wee_extension?

Something had gone wrong.  I grabbed the backup, untarred it back into
/home and restarted the service.

Lastly, I now have an /etc/weewx where I didn't this morning.

Let me know if you want me to try again and run `script` so that you can
see exactly what went wrong.