what i had in mind is that the server would just wait for http requests
from all the raspberry pis i have from all over the city. the raspberry pi
would have a small python script which would act as an aggregator and would
assemble all the sensor readings along with the time stamp and run it as a
cron job every minute..

i thought of implementing it that way so that all sensors (bought off the
shelf or not) would all funnel into that aggregator and send all the
readings as 1 whole request.

my ideal setup would be just to reuse the weewx python library to get the
current data, format it to conform with my http request format and send it.
clean. simple.

my plan b was to read the latest database entry

plan c was to parse the rss

but then again nothing is going my way currently. lol