I suspect your problems started when you didn't specify the correct path to
the sqlite file. If one does

sqlite3 foobar.sdb

and foobar.sdb does not exist, sqlite3 will create an empty one. Hence the
symptoms you described.

Look around your file system for the "real" weewx.sdb. It looks like you
used the setup.py install method, so you probably want

echo ".dump archive" | sqlite3 /home/weewx/archive/weewx.sdb >
/home/weewx/archive/weewx.sql

-tk