Hi

Yes its a little drastic

But several hours worth of customizing something else may be problematic

Originally i had installed the latest weewx 3.8 using the new automated
installation package but i was unfamiliar with the new directory structure
so i un-installed it and used to older setup method

something maybe crossed linked

upon reinstalling everything is working ok (so far) :-)

thanks for your help