Damjan Hajsek <hajsek.dam...@gmail.com> writes:

> Anyone know what to use in
> [StdCalibrate]
>
>     [[Corrections]]
>
> to correct UV index? Because now at night it is UV = 15

(I don't have any actual experience here, either with weewx calibration
or with UV sensors that ever show 15.)

Typically, "calibration" involves minor adjustments to a sensor that is
basically working ok, like adding 0.7 hPA to pressure.  There is an
underlying assumption that the sensor has the right slope but just a
small offset.

A UV sensor that reports a UV index of 15 at night sounds so seriously
off that it seems more likely that something is catastrophically wrong
which cannot reasonably be resolved with calibration.  I have not
checked calibration on my UV sensor, but it reliably shows 0 at night
and patterns that appear to corrrelate well with sunny vs not and sun
angle.  I would not be shocked if it reads 3.8 when it should read 4.0;
I would have to be far more thorough to figure that out, vs eyeballing
graphs and not being suspicious.

I would recommend looking at all other ways of observing the sensor
value (console?), and see if there are any setup errors.

Finally, I would log the data without calibration for a while, and graph
that in a scatter plot against UV data from some nearby station that you
believe is working ok.  If that turns out to be a line with slope 1 and
offset 15, then subtracting 15 is good strategy.  But until you know
that such a relationship holds, the assumption that there is a single
linear offset seems unwarranted.

Greg