Gary

Many Thanks for your very helpful reply.  So which setting do I use for the
archive interval in the config file? "derive" seems the most logical, but
the instructions say that "derive" is suitable when the data was recorded
at fixed intervals.

I do have some gaps in my data - up to two weeks in some cases.  I plan to
try to fill as many of these gaps as possible using a combination of
downloaded data from weathercloud (for my weather station) and also using
the Met office's 5km grid data as a suitable proxy (for the grid containing
my PWS).  I will attempt to process this all into a single archive database
using R software and then use weewx import. If I need to take up your kind
offer of a Weatherlink import module, I will let you know.

David.