A good place to follow what it says at the top of the forum -

1.  what type of weather station
2.  what hardware (ok - you said rpi)
3.  how was it installed (deb or setup)
4.  attach log to posting
5.  the output from wee_debug can also sometimes be a useful attachment as
it gives your .conf

the log is always going to be your friend as it always tells you what weewx
is doing and why it may be failing .... and so makes it easier to for
others to be able to offer advice and help. Without the log it is very
hard, if not impossible, to guess what may be happening inside your
system!!!!