On Sunday, 2 September 2018 02:09:26 UTC+10, David Hathaway wrote:

> But now I am puzzled as to how to solve the other obvious issues:
>
>    - How do I get rid of the vertical grid lines?
>
> The WeeWX image generator is pretty sophisticated for what it is, a
utility written from scratch in python to generate plots; however, its
capabilities are limited in a number of areas and unfortunately it is not
possible to disable the vertical grid lines. The only thing you can do
short of changing the image generator code is set the grid line colour to
be the same as your background but that will hide all grid line not just
the vertical - not really much practical use.

>    - How do I move the labels from the top to the bottom; I am supposing
>    sample lines are impossible.
>
> Again, unfortunately, it is not possible to move the top labels (eg
outTemp dewpoint etc) to the bottom. I assume when you say 'sample' you
mean a sample line in the colour/format to be used for the obs being
plotted, if so then again no this can't be done with the present image
generator.

>    - I am being driven nuts by the colors.  They should be blue, black,
>    green, orange from left to right.  No matter what I do, they are shown
>    orange, black, green, and blue.
>
> This one we can help with! I think the issue you are having is that when
specified with the 0x prefix the colour format is BBGGRR not RRGGBB as we
commonly use. So 0x7cb5ec will in fact result in an orange line, if you
swap the first and last colour pair (ie 0xecb57c) you will get the blue
that you seek. You should be able to use #RRGGBB but I seem to recall I
struck a few quirks with this a few years back, could be mistaken though.
Looking at the section Customizing images
<http://weewx.com/docs/customizing.htm#Customizing_images> in the
Customization Guide and then again at the [ImageGenerator] Overall options
<http://weewx.com/docs/customizing.htm#Overall_options> section this
details is not explicitly stated, it is covered though in notes under
[ImageGenerator] in the Standard skin.conf
<https://github.com/weewx/weewx/blob/master/skins/Standard/skin.conf#L285>.
I guess most folks would see these when they customize the Standard skin
but in your case you may not as perhaps you are working with another skin.
Probably need to make a few changes to the Customization Guide.

Gary