Phil,

The lines I highlighted suggest there is a syntax error in averages.js and
theme.js accessed by your web server. The averages skin should be copying these
files unchanged from the averages skin directory to a location that is accessed
by your web server. What I wanted you to do was to rule out these files having
been changed or otherwise corrupted somewhere along the way. Hence asking you
to compare what is being used by your web server against what is on github.
Downloading and reinstalling the files does not necessarily prove they are
good, especially if something is occurring somewhere during
installation/execution to corrupt them.

If the web server versions are the same as on github I suspect there is
something else going on that manifests itself as syntax errors in these files.
Since your site is not visible publicly I would like to get a picture of where
the various files are on your system. Can you give me the full path to the
following files on your web server:

averages.html
averages.js
theme.js
averages.json

If you are running your web server on your WeeWX machine it is likely these
files are somewhere in /home/weewxpublic_html or /var/www/html.

Can you also give me the URL you are using to access averages.html in your
browser. Not so much interested in the server address but the path that is used
to get to averages.html

Unfortunately I am interstate until 22 October so am somewhat limited as to
what troubleshooting I can do.

Gary