On Friday, October 12, 2018 at 9:12:03 AM UTC+1, gjr80 wrote:

> There have been at least a couple of mechanisms used. Previously (since
> v3.4.0) on startup WeeWX would wait for a system clock that was after 1
> January 2000. More recently (since v3.8.1) on startup WeeWX waits for a
> system clock that is later than the creation time of weewx.conf.
>
> Gary

Thanks for your replies.
I am running the current version 3.8.2
Yes i understand that Weewx has mechanisms for making sure that the network
time has be set correctly following startup, however I have an RTC and
clearly the mechanism for reading this at startup etc may be undeterminable
when Weewx is booting.
As I said, I normally stop Weewx then start after a couple of seconds after
boot and all is ok.
I will try disabling auto start of Weewx.
Regards
Phil