On Tuesday, 27 November 2018 11:17:49 UTC+10, Pat wrote:

> I think you've lost me a bit on this one.
>
> Your statement is true but the highcharts skin generates 4 json files on
> every archive interval. Which should be copied every time it runs I'd
> gather?

No. I think we need to be clear here on what each of the generators do. The
report generator generates one or more files, in this case 4 .json files,
in HTML_ROOT (of course if you happen to have .tmpl files in a directory
under your skin then the respective generated files will appear in that
same directory under HTML_ROOT). So if you set your HTML_ROOT to the final
destination you want the generated files to appear then once the report
generator is complete the generated files are there exactly where you want
them. The copy generator normally runs after the file generator (depends on
the generator order in skin.conf) and copies files as per its config
settings (once/always and file spec). You could of course have the report
generator put the file(s) in say /var/tmp and then use copy generator to
copy them from /var/tmp to your final destination but why bother double
processing.

> This is the first I'm hearing of the skin ignoring the generated files?

Rich remarked on there being no files copied implying this meant that
something was amiss. I was trying to point out that this is quite normal
and expected behaviour for the Belchertown skins, it is not an indicator
that something is wrong. I don't believe that any generator is ignoring any
generated files based on the log extract provided.

The copy_once, and copy_always files are invalid for the Belchertown
> highcharts skins and I never cleaned them up when I split the skin into 2
> parts. I'll do that shortly.

Suspected this was the case but since none of the file specs are met the
copy generator was not doing anything anyway, its just a few extra
characters in a file and a few extra machine cycles taken to run copy
generator.

Gary