Preference is to have all options in weewx.conf under the Belchertown
Extras section
<https://github.com/poblabs/weewx-belchertown#belchertown-skin-options>.
Then (as I understand it), weewx joins skin.conf and the weewx.conf Extras
together with weewx.conf as a priority.

My suggestion is to put skin.conf back to the original state and then move
your options into weewx, and then restart weewx.